Monday, January 5, 2015

Review - Nabari no Ou Volume 11

Haaaaah, I'm back! I suddenly became busy-ish, so I haven't had time to do a review lately. I'll do my best to do one every day this week and finish up Nabari! For now, onward!

STORY

Sensei's back! After going who-knows-where looking for a way to erase the Shinra Banshou, Sensei finally returns with the answer: Zekku. It's a forbidden art developed by Sensei's grandfather specifically made for the purpose of erasing the Shinra Banshou. And... That's basically it for this volume.

The story is hitting the final stretch, and this volume is what appears to be the calm before the storm. For a set-up volume, there were plenty of things happening, but not a whole lot that could be considered super duper relevant.

ART

Instead of telling you how perfect the art in this series has become, I'll just show you.






The presentation is spot on, as usual. Yen Press is my favorite publisher for good reason.

CHARACTERS

This volume shines thanks to quiet character moments. Every character is coping with a loss they can't remember, which leads to some great bits. Another highlight was Miharu and Yukimi's trip which showcased the father/son relationship that the two of them have. The short bits between Raimei and Kouichi were excellently done as well. The characters in this series feel real, and that means the author is doing everything right.

FINAL VERDICT

A set-up volume, but in all the best ways, Nabari No Ou volume 11 is a solid installment in the series. Plus/minus below

+ Beautiful art
+ Great character moments

- A bit light on plot progression

A- - BUY IT

If you've been following my reviews of this series, you'll know that I highly recommend this series in every other review, and it doesn't look like that's going to change in the coming reviews.

(I don't own Nabari no Ou. All rights go to the author, Yuhki Kamatani, and the licensing company, Yen Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment