Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Review - Nabari no Ou Volume 13

I'm so close to the end of Nabari, I don't know what I'll review next! Yikes! I'm thinking I'll do either Jormungand or Nightmare Inspector. Or something else. Pssh, who knows, really.

STORY

Holy back-story, Batman! This volume, in the first half, featured the story of how Miharu came to possess the Shinra Banshou, and what a story it was. Flashbacks have almost become a joke in the anime/manga community, so one that wasn't generic (besides the dead parents bit) was more than welcome and kept me riveted the whole time.

The second half featured the ongoing battle with the Kasa, and that twist in the very last panel was so unexpected, I honestly wasn't sure what I had just witnessed and had to go back and check. Applause to Yuhki Kamatani for that, because it's hard to keep twists like that secret.

ART

Every time I pop open each new volume of Nabari, I feel like the art is saying "This isn't even my FINAL FORM!!" It seems like when it can't get any better, it does. I'll let you see for yourself below.











Yen Press'... You know what. I don't even need to say it. You already know.

CHARACTERS

Fantastic character bits again here, the highlights being, of course, Miharu's backstory, the full reconciliation between Tobari-Sensei and Miharu, and I really liked the bit between Yukimi and the Kasa agent. ALSO, now we know why Chief Fuuma's been an annoying little twit for the entire story. I get him now.

Side note: in all honesty, who doesn't want to give Miharu a hug? Like, seriously.

FINAL VERDICT

Chock-full of surprises, volume 13 exceeds expectations. Plus minus below!

+ Beautiful art, as usual
+ Fantastic characters
+ Gripping story
+ That reveal at the end

A+ - BUY IT

I don't really need to say anything here. This series is one of the best.

(I don't own Nabari no Ou. All rights go to the author, Yuhki Kamatani, and the licensing company, Yen Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment