Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review - Nabari no Ou Volume 14

Aah, the last one! I think the next series I'll review is Jormungand (but I don't have it all yet). I'll start next Friday, probably. Until then, I'll dew a few opinion posts. Probably not every day since school is back in session. But for now, onward!

STORY

Ah, Nabari. You will be missed. This volume featured the epic conclusion, and what a conclusion it was! Everything I could've possibly wanted was there: action, drama, character moments... Just bliss. I think the thing I liked best about the ending was that it was actually a proper end. So many manga series end in an unsatisfying manner that I was honestly worried, but I don't know what for. When has Nabari let me down? That's right. Never

ART

The art didn't let me down in this volume, either. It's all beautiful, and I'll include some examples below.














 I, unfortunately, couldn't add the entire book, because, you know, spoilers, but believe me. I would if I could.

For this final volume, the presentation is above and beyond. The beginning features notes from the author on each separate volume, and there are several color pages, one of which is featured above. My only gripe is that the little "Y+" strip up near the top of each volume is now colored black instead of white with all the other ones. It's a minor gripe, but it does make this volume unnecessarily stand out from the others a little.

CHARACTERS

It's impossible to go over the characters here because, well, spoilers, but all you need to know is that each character becomes very fleshed out over the course of this series, and in the life-or-death scenario in this final volume, you care for each one individually. Even chief Fuuma, "special" as he may be, finally becomes a great character.

FINAL VERDICT

Reserve a spot on your shelf for Nabari no Ou. It's too good to pass up, and is definitely cemented into my top five now. Plus/minus below!

+ A real, good ending!
+ Wonderful three-dimensional characters
+ Fantastic art in every single panel

A+ - BUY IT

SERIES RATING - A- - BUY IT

Au revoir, Nabari no Ou, and many re-reads to come.

(I don't own Nabari no Ou. All rights go to the author, Yuhki Kamatani, and the licensing company, Yen Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment