Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Review - Nabari no Ou Volume 12

I still haven't built my new bookshelf because I need to go purchase materials first. I'm having to stack manga on the floor! Eep!

STORY

Action, double-crossing, excitement, back-story, this volume has it all. The main cast is all split up at this point. Raimei, Raikou, Gau, Kouichi, and Shijima all square off against Kasa's best and the Grey Wolves' new Kira master, while Miharu and Yukimi attempt to remember what was lost, and Tobari-Sensei and company finalize Zekku.

Whooh. Eventful volume, huh? Reading through this volume was super gripping, and while that made for a fairly fast read, I was consistently engrossed.

Small side-note here: I just noticed that in Ms. Kamatani's acknowledgements at the end, she thanks "Mochizuki-Sama", her editor. THAT Mochizuki? As in Jun Mochizuki, author of Pandora Hearts, my favorite manga of all time? I don't know, I'll have to look it up.

ART

I shouldn't have to say this, but the art is soooooooooo fantastic. It especially shines here because of the large quotient of action. Below are the best bits from this volume!







Yen Press' presentation, as usual, is on point. The color pages at the beginning of the volume are pretty, the spine lines up great with the others, and everything is translated solidly. My only gripe is that there isn't a 'story so far' section to help me write the previous review! My goodness!







CHARACTERS

Excellent character moments in this volume. Fuuma! Gah! I really dislike him, but now I understand everything. What a turd he is. Also, that Kouichi/Raimei moment. Daawh. Yukimi and Miharu continue to be a likeable duo on their journey, and Tobari-Sensei reveals Miharu's past. Fantastic stuff this volume. The end is nigh!

FINAL VERDICT

Nabari rushes toward the conclusion, and everything is great in this volume. Plus/minus below!

+ ART
+ Excellent storytelling
+ Fantastic characters

A+ - BUY IT

At this point, Nabari can do no wrong. Even Chief Fuuma can't drag a perfect score away from this volume.

(I don't own Nabari no Ou. All rights go to the author, Yuhki Kamatani, and the licensing company, Yen Press).

No comments:

Post a Comment